A variety of protein powders are available in the market. The most common of all is the soy, whey and casein proteins. Whey among the three is the most popular kind of protein. It is popular more so because of its ability of getting dissolved in water easily. This water soluble milk protein is a complete form of protein and has got all the benefits. The nine amino acids which are necessary for the human body are present in this protein abundantly.
Natural whey protein is the best for people hitting the gym and following a diet. People who follow a vegetarian diet can go for vegan protein powders and shakes which have soy protein in it. However, when compared to the whey, its taste is not that pleasant and it does not dissolve in water that well. It also comes with a variety of price tags and varies according to the types.
Then there is raw organic protein powder too which will help bodybuilders and general people alike to meet the deficiency of protein in their body. The need for these supplements arises when your body can’t get the required protein from whole foods. However, compared to other groups, sportsperson, athletes and people who need muscle power and strength need an extra dose of protein which can be gathered from such supplements.
Things to remember
• Foods rich in protein, like meat, fish, chicken and dairy products, can be included in the daily food habits for protein source.
• Teenagers, who are working out and their body is growing, definitely need this protein supplement. The growing years need extra protein and this need can be fulfilled by using this protein powder and shake.
• Someone who has just started working out needs extra supplement in the form of protein powder more than what they actually require daily, normally.
• If you are someone who daily takes up training and gym, but suddenly wants to run the marathon, then you definitely need an extra dose of protein for your body to train for the marathon.
• If you have an injury and you are a sportsperson or athlete, in order to heal or recover from that injury, you need more protein.
• If you are a vegetarian and do not include protein sources, like fish, meat and chicken in your daily diet, protein powder or supplement is necessary for you. Especially when they do not even take eggs or dairy products, protein supplements will act as your saviour.